- The Yamaha VXR is powered by a 1.8 liter high output Yamaha Marine Engine. This 1812cc engine, which is purpose-built for the
marine environment, is the largest displacement engine ever installed in a personal watercraft. It is also the only engine in the high-performance, four-stroke category optimized to run on the least expensive Regular Unleaded fuel.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Throttle position sensor (TPS), intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture.
The results are a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that's lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Slant Detection Switch
: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- High Volume Intake Box: With water repellent air filter and flame arrestors.
- SAWS (Scavenger Assist Wet Sump): Equipped with
a high-performance, compact gas-liquid separator, this engine uses Yamaha's unique ultra compact lubrication system and oil pan structure.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are all treated with a
durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
- Direct Ignition: For more efficient combustion.
- The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The Yamaha VXR’s 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system with three-blade stainless steel impeller: Designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The VXR’s pump configuration provides excellent
hook-up and smooth acceleration.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate
: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
- The NanoXcel Hull and Deck
- The Yamaha VXR features the world’s first hulls and decks manufactured through the use of cutting edge nanotechnology. Yamaha’s NanoXcel ultra-lightweight, high strength material reduces the weight of the hull, deck and liner by 25% and provides performance gains in
acceleration, fuel reduction, top speed and handling. Additionally, the NanoXcel material offers a shinier, gem-like finish which reduces surface tension on the water, providing a more nimble, responsive ride.
- Progressive, Stepped Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- Industry's First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha's innovative remote-controlled transmitter, you can
activate and deactivate the VXR’s digital security system and Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
- Low RPM Mode: The personal watercraft industry’s first fuel saving feature, Low RPM can reduce fuel consumption by up to 26% based on average annual use.
Yamaha Security System: This security system that can be activated with the touch of a button ensures that no one starts the VXR without your permission.
- Dual Concave Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- 15 Gallons of Total Storage
: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
- Comfortable One-piece Seat: Ergonomically-designed and contoured for added support, this sport bolstered, two tone, textured seat is easily removed for quick access to the engine compartment.
Extra Large Boarding Platform with Retractable Reboarding Step: Provides a stable platform for reboarding.
- Glove Box with Insulated Beverage Holders.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft's conspicuity.
Yamaha's 1812cc High Output Engine
Yamaha’s 4-cylinder, 4-stroke 1812cc high output engine is the largest displacement ever in a personal watercraft – a full 300cc’s larger than any other model. Compact and lightweight, it’s also 45 pounds lighter than competitive engines and packed with power and torque to deliver the quickest acceleration and fastest top end on the water today. Earning a 3-star
low-emission rating, it is also optimized to run on the least expensive regular unleaded fuel.