Kodiak 400 and 450 Auto. 4x4
Kodiak OEM parts
Introducing the Kodiak Automatic 4WD.
Light. Nimble. Quick. Words one doesn’t usually associate with a creature as huge as the Kodiak. Ah, but our bear — the Kodiak Automatic 4x4 — is an entirely different animal altogether.
For starters, the Kodiak’s won virtually every award possible by simply overrunning and outcarving every machine in the automatic four-by forest. No surprise there really, considering this Bears lethal combination of an ultra-lightweight, CAD-designed chassis and
powerful liquid-cooled, 401cc thumper. The Kodiak's engine features compact, 45º design that helps provide class-leading high ground clearance 9.7" and low seat height 32.6" for superb handling and comfort.
But that’s merely where the class-leading features and technology begin, from exclusive, fully automatic Ultramatic transmission and
push-button On-Command In/Out 4WD to triple hydraulic disc brakes and plush, long-travel front and rear suspension.
In fact, there’s not much this exceptionally capable Kodiak doesn’t have. Nowhere in the industry will you find a an ATV like this that offers more machine for the money. And that, of course, makes it not only a different animal, but a very special one as well.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Realtree Hardwoods® Camouflage pattern for true hunting performance.
- Liquid-cooled, 401cc, SOHC, 4-stroke single is the best-performing engine in its class.
- Compact engine design features a 45° cylinder angle for maximum ground clearance and lower seat height for quick, responsive steering and agility.
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver incredible throttle response and engine performance at all RPMs.
- Industry-exclusive, fully automatic Ultramatic transmission is the most advanced drive system in ATV-ing with industry-leading all-wheel engine braking.
- Automatic centrifugal clutch ensure constant, no-slip belt tension.
- Industry-exclusive, push-button On-Command 4WD switches from 2WD to 4WD as needed.
- Fully sealed drive case keeps out water and debris to minimize belt slippage.
- Hand-operated side cover drain keeps belt dry and free from mud and debris.
- Push-button electric starting backed up by auxiliary recoil starter.
- New stainless steel muffler and header design provides superior power characteristics, exhaust sound and durability.
- Left-side-mounted Forward/N/Rev shift lever keeps throttle hand free while shifting.
- Direct front shaft drive eliminates U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power transfer when engaged in 4WD.
- Reliable, low-maintenance rear shaft drive.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator provides maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in frame for optimal protection.
- Specially designed drive system air intake vent prevents overheating and keeps water and mud from entering drive case.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter box.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces engine maintenance.
- Lightweight CAD-designed chassis features outstanding durability with superior rigidity for class-leading agility and handling.
- Light steering and a class-leading turning radius combine for increased comfort and incredible maneuverability - even in 4WD.
- 32.6" seat height creates a low center of gravity for enhanced handling.
- 9.7" of ground clearance and high-impact plastic skid plate improve maneuverability and undercarriage protection.
- Independent double wishbone front suspension features 5-way preload-adjustable shocks and 6.3" of travel.
- Sturdy steel swingarm and single rear shock features 5-way adjustable preload and 7.1" of travel.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc and fully sealed rear drum brakes deliver tremendous stopping power in a variety of
- All-new 25 x 8-12 front and 25 x 10-12 rear tires, further boost ground clearance while reducing unsprung weight for lighter, more responsive steering and handling.
- Heavy-duty front bumper and CV joint guards help prevent damage to boot covers.
- Speedometer with tripmeter adds greater versatility and allows rider to keep track of engine maintenance intervals.
- Steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish feature a combined cargo capacity of 264 pounds (88 front, 176
- Center-mounted trailer hitch can hook up over 1100 pounds of payload.
- Plush, specially designed seat widely contoured for incomparable rider comfort.
- Wide, fully integrated floorboards keep rider's feet dry and feature serrated footpegs for extra grip in wet conditions.
- Large front and rear fenders with inner guards offer excellent mud/splash protection.
- Large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank has a built-in gauge and easy-to-reach petcock valve.
- 4WD indicator light for rider awareness.
- Water-resistant automotive-type DC power outlet handles wide range of accessories.
- Maintenance-free 12-amp-hour battery provides reliable, cold-weather starting power.
- Easy-access, underseat marine-spec electrical components ensure maximum protection from the elements.
- Dual, bright, multi-reflector 30-watt Halogen bulb headlights with high and low beams.
- Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat storage box provides added convenience.
- Easy, handlebar-mounted choke lever.
- Built in Newnan, GA, USA.