YZ250 Features & Benefits
YZ250 OEM parts
YZ 250 CORNER-TO-CORNER BALLISTIC MISSILE.
"The desire for knob-chunking, roost-tossing performance."** That's the heart-pounding appeal of a 250cc
two-stroke in a nutshell. And no MX machine makes this statement quite like the YZ250,
All-new cylinder head and
combustion chamber construction, combined with reshaped exhaust and scavenging porting, help deliver meaner mid-range hit and a broader over-rev envelope. A revised second-gear ratio gets that explosive punch to the ground with even less effort.
Stiffer, lighter frame and swingarm design ensures flex-free handling. And recalibrated suspension mean smoother
fork travel and more precise rear wheel control.
The factory racing-spec adjustable clutch lever lets you fine-tune cable play for
optimal lever pull and feel, on the fly. Also, stopping power gets a major boost in strength and feel this year with lighter-weight, compact (in factory bike style) front and rear disc brake calipers and a redesigned rear master cylinder, utilizing an integrated, space-saving fluid reservoir.
"We'll cut to the chase right from the get-go: the YZ250's powerband is one of smoothest, yet brutally powerful,
we've encountered on a stock bike." TRANSWORLD MOTOCROSS, 11/01
The YZ250. How bad do you want to win?
Already own a YZ 250 dont forget to check out our on-line Yamaha OEM parts for your YZ 250. On-line fiche finders simplify finding the
correct Yamaha YZ250 parts with on-line ordering which can be done directly from the Yamaha parts diagrams. Visa, mastercharge, American Express are accepted. Order your parts today
YZ250 FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Liquid-cooled, 249cc, reed valve-inducted, 2-stroke engine is lightweight,
compact and boasts numerous modifications and upgrades to boost its incredibly wide, hard-hitting powerband even further for 2003.
- All-new cylinder construction includes reshaped combustion chamber volume and porting, along with revised port timing, for bigger mid-range hit and top-end power.
- Redesigned crankshaft and rotor slightly larger for greater rigidity and durability.
- Shorter exhaust pipe with all-new bend angle helps deliver improved mid-range and high-rpm performance while also enhancing ground clearance.
- Smooth-shifting, 5-speed, close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multi
-plate clutch features revised 2nd gear ratio to ensure optimal hook-up for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power.
- All-new, high-tension steel, twin-spar frame is lighter with greater lateral rigidity by way of a stronger main pipe and thinner-walled cross-pipe.
- Revamped front fork internals and revised settings mean smoother oil
flow and enhanced damping performance.
- Rear suspension refinements for 2003 include new shock absorber settings with revised linkage ratios for enhanced damping performance in conjunction with new swingarm.
- Redesigned swingarm has lighter-weight construction to reduce overall
weight while enhancing suspension performance, and features anodized finish for added durability and styling.
- All-new, lighter-weight front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons and new-design rear master cylinder, combined with 250mm fully floating front and 245mm rear disc, deliver stronger stopping power with greater, more progressive control and feel.
- Redesigned chain guide and cover help shave weight while improving mud removal abilities.
- All-new handlebar design with repositioned crossbar provides greater strength and durability.
YZ 250 Engine:
- Patented YPVS power valve system features special valve end collar and extra plate added to the back of the torsion spring, delivering airtight sealing for crisper low-end performance.
- Special-design carbon fiber reed-valve petals improve throttle response and engine performance across the entire RPM range.
- · Primary kickstarter ensures smooth, easy starting action and reduced weight.
- Large-capacity radiator features a 10-row core with 4 louvers to deliver maximum cooling efficiency at all performance levels.
- Exhaust pipe with specially designed silencer features a tapered section for broader power delivery with stronger low-end hit and maximum corner-exiting muscle.
- 38mm Keihin PWK carburetor with power jet and throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures precise fuel/air mixing and extra-crisp throttle response throughout the powerband.
- Digital CD ignition system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for faster, stronger response during hard acceleration.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe constructed of square-section pipe for reduced weight.
- Lightweight 46mm inverted Kayaba cartridge fork features 11.8" of travel
with compression and rebound damping adjustability.
- Low-friction outer tubes and aluminum piston rods ensure smooth, compliant fork stroke for superior handling and light steering.
- Rear suspension system features fully adjustable Kayaba shock with 12
.4" of travel and separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping.
- Lightweight 21" front and 19" rear Excel rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance and handling.
- Premium Dunlop 739 knobbies offer unbeatable, race-spec traction and
YZ250 Additional Features:
- Special-design flat seat and fuel tank, forward-canted steering crown and low handlebar all help create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders of all sizes.
- Wide-diameter fuel tank cap ensures easier usage, while larger tank opening means faster, hassle-free refueling.
- Wide, cleated, folding cast alloy footpegs provide excellent comfort, grip and ground clearance.
- Cleated rear brake lever and folding shift lever tip offer superb grip and
- Repackable exhaust silencer.
- Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
- Stainless steel clutch cable for longer life.